Thursday, October 28, 2010

Parental Frustration

Being a parent is not easy.  Attempting to be a good parent is even harder.  When you think you have part of it figured out, it goes completely in another direction.  Children are great most of the time.  It doesn't matter if you are the best parent in the world, you will be the worst parent to them at some point.  You do what you think is in their best interest.  I have recently had a couple of moments that make me want to find a brick wall to bang my head on.  I have intelligent children but sometimes I have to ask them if they are actually using the brain that is in their head.  For example: about 4 weeks into the school year I got a call from a teacher telling me that my child was not turning in assignments.  When asked about it the child did not know why the assignments weren't getting turned in.  A grounding was in order, taking away phones, computer access unless for schoolwork, TV time, and a couple others.  According to the child he had learned his lesson.  Then yesterday, I got a call from the same teacher.  She was still having the same issue with assignments not being turned in.  When asked why he said he didn't know what the problem was.  It is very frustrating to see this happen when I know how intelligent he is. 
He can still turn in the assignments.  We just have to print them off at home so they can be done.  We did that and then he did some of them.  He left for school this morning and left the assignments on the kitchen table.
AAAHHHHHH!!!!!  So frustrating.  I am not sure where to go from here.  Wheres my Brick Wall?????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment